Pages


2/2/09

Mmm-mmm Monday~

Something new!! Every Monday I'm going to share a new (or old) recipe. I would like to do a "Mr. Linky" so everyone who would like too... could add a recipe they would like to share...but right now I'm to lazy to do it :-) Sooooo keep this in mind if you'd like to join in. I'm shooting for NEXT MONDAY.... but with my grandaughter's impending birth, who knows for certain. (okokok, that and I'm lazy lol) Anywho, here is a wonderful recipe that I have used for years & years. It is sooooooooooo good that everyone asks for the recipe-- which until NOW I have never shared-- I'm telling you, its THAT good!

Toffee-topped Muffins (easy-peasy)
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (I never add the salt)
1 teaspon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
Paper muffin cups~
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (I just use my hands)Remove 1 cup of the flour/sugar mixture and set aside. To the flour/sugar mixture, add the baking powder and salt (again, I never add the salt) I use my large kitchen mixer and beat the vanilla, milk and egg together. I slowly add the flour/sugar mixture into the mixing bowl until it is all blended together. Continue beating until a smooth batter forms. (like a watery cake mix) Fill each muffin cup with the mixture filling half full. Once all the muffin cups are filled (approximately 15) sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over each muffin (approximately 1 tablespoon each) Next, mix together the coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts together and place a heaping spoonful onto each muffin. (I add a lot more than what is called for, and I even added some white chocolate chips!) Thats it, bake the toffee muffins at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer each muffin to a wire cooling rack so the bottom doesn't get overcooked or burnt while sitting on the hot cookie sheet.
Seriously, these are wonderful and be selfish, don't give out the recipe! lol

2 comments:

  1. Those muffins look super-yummy! I would love to be part of your link, but I have no clue how to use Mr. Linky. You will have to "tutor" me, but, if you will, I want to play. I have lots of recipes that I'm willing to share, plus I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to try out.
    And as soon as your new granddaughter arrives, be sure to post lots of pics of her. :=) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of already doing an mm mm monday, (ok I am) but I don't have a Mr Linky, so can I be part of yours?

    http://missysbaskets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl