Pages


3/10/09

Carnival Soiree~

<-----Here is what I'm going to be wearing to the Carnival Soiree that is being held this Saturday. It is a very pretty muted gold with a sheer gold fabric over the bottom of the skirt. But, it is kinda matronly isn't it? I can't have that now can I~

I took it in some, pulled up the sheer skirt to reveal the gold skirt underneath. (I was going to pull up the gold skirt as well, but hey, I AM a grandmother! lol) I also pulled up the lace that laid across the bust like a jacket... I just gathered it around the neck. NOW.... this is more like it! I think it now needs a little bit of bling, a few more touch ups and it will be perfect!

Of course I also made a sash with my blog name on it "Artsy~Fartsy" using some of the millions of ruffles I was making and some glittered letters. I think it turned out kinda cute.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - great makeover on the dress.
    Love it!!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. And much less "matronly" now. Just because you're a grandma doesn't mean you can't be a stylish one, right?! Looks great.
    P.S. My brother is doing very well...thanks for the prayers and well wishes.
    :) Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl