Pages


3/23/09

Mmm mmm Monday~

I am trying out a new quiche recipe for Easter Sunday.... this one was pretty good-- although it had to much meat for me! I think I would cut the meat/sausage by half next time~ Here is the recipe:
Sausage Mushroom Quiche
1 pound small fresh button mushrooms
1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I know, thats a lot!)
3 eggs
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used the cheese you sprinkle on pizza) 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the mushrooms by snipping off the stems. Cut in half if large. Crumble the sausage in a large skillet, add the mushrooms, cook on medium-high heat until the meat and mushrooms are lightly browned and all the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain off the grease. I even took some paper towels to the meat, this will help your quiche cook better if it is not so greasy. After all that, add the parsley. (I wouldn't add as much as what the recipe calls for, thats a lot of "green" lol)
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, adding the cream and cheese. (again, I just used the parmesan cheese you sprinkle on top of pizza!) Pour into the mushroom/sausage mixture; blending well. Pour mixture into the pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is browned and the filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. That recipe sounds almost exactly like a sausage casserole I make for breakfast for a crowd. Only difference is my casserole gets bread cubes in the mixture and does not go in a pie crust. I will have to try it as a quiche, as I LOVE quiche, and I think that sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl