Pages


3/8/10

Baby Leg warmers~

I made my 1 year old grandaughter some leg warmers using some striped socks. Easy-peasy. Here is how I made them if your interested.
You start by cutting off both toe parts of each sock. Using your sewing machine, zig-zag around the cut edge to prevent unraveling and to give it a nice finished look. Next, turn under about a half an inch of the zig-zagged edge and stitch around the sock leaving about a half an inch opening. Feed elastic through the opening then just simply knot it together to make a nice gathered edge. Stitch the opening closed. This newly encased elastic side will be the bottom of your babies/childs leg warmer. The top portion of the sock will be up around the babies thigh-- so it will look super professional when you've finished it. See, I told you, easy-peasy!

4 comments:

  1. These are precious- LOVE them with the tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are darling, so is she!

    Great idea. I remember when I was little making barbie clothes out of socks.

    God Bless,
    Legacy Crafter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl