Pages


9/12/10

Thrited treasures~

Here are some things I picked up recently at some yard sales... These two photos below of jewelry were a combined cost of $3. Seventeen pins....and seventeen sets of earrings. (there are tons more earrings, these are the ones I'm keeping) I especially like the orange drop earrings with all the fauceted beads, perfect timing for Halloween~I also got a shabby chic quilt with two matching pillow shams,along with 8 lovely shabby chic pillows all totaled for $20.Old velvet ribbon and a bunch of odds and ends were only $1.50. Forty vintage birds for only $1.50, and the vintage key bookends were $1 for the set.This gold soon to be white jewelry box was $2.This oak antique table I bought was only $4...During the process of spay painting it white--- I realized the women who sold it to me had been using it upside down. It is an umbrella stand! Ahhhhhhhhhhh that explains why its "missing" a top piece! *insert laughter here* I don't need an umbrella stand, so I'll make a top for it and continue using it as a table~
I've linked up to Debbiedoos thrift store show & tell.

12 comments:

  1. Great finds! That is so funny about the table being an umbrella stand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your goodies! Thrift store shopping is my passion. love making junque into art pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you found a lot of goodies. I love finding neat jewelry at garage sales and thrift stores, between the old vintage looking pieces and pieces I will use in my art work, it's always nice to find a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did amazingly well! Have fun with all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that table! I have been looking for something like that forever! What a buy too. Love the shabby chic bed set nice deal on that too. Looks like you had fun. Thanks for joining me. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "table". Its much cuter like that. what great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.my.goodness! I would have been shaking with excitement! Loooove the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered you and your wonderful blog over at Debbie Doos! I love the cute little birdies that you found, and the box with the velvet ribbon and goodies. What a deal! Bet you will have fun with those treasures! And the bedding is gorgeous! I also love the bookends. I need to find some sales like that! I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this would be great for holding wrapping paper or anything else that comes on rolls!---i never get that lucky at yard sales~love the pillows!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! What great finds!! I love the table and the Shabby Chic Quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you got all that jewelry for $3. And the rest of the finds were great too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too much fun! Umbrella stand -- LOL! I love the jewelry, especially those little cherry earrings! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl