Pages


4/9/11

Treasure Hunting

I had a lot of fun on my treasure hunt this morning.... the weather was fabulous and everyone I came across was happy, so it made for a fun-fun day. I found five lace-scalloped metal tin pieces, the likes of which I've never seen before. I paid $4 for all of them.... caute huh? You should have seen the people trying to buy them off me, it was so funny.... I could have made a hefty profit, but I'm greedy and I wanted them for myself--- although, I don't have a clue what I'm going to do with them just yet! Some jewelry, all of this for $1... A huge lot of necklaces, these were .50¢ each. Just look at these beauts.... Lastly, this fabulous wooden magazine holder. This was $6. I am going to paint it white (of course) and put my grandkids coloring books and crayons in it. It is actually quite tall, it stands almost two feet. I also bought 8 pairs of lace curtain panels for .50¢ a panel. Eight bucks for a trunk load of curtains... my-my-my... I also got several wooden curtain rods with all the hardware for only $4. I am anxious to wash the lace curtains and hang them up....but.... I've got to hit the sheets as we are going to Disneyland in the morning. *woot-woot*
Toodles!!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun at Disneyland and you sure scored some treasures, love the lace tins, you aren't greedy, just smart! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goodies you scored! Have a great time in Disneyland!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! And I just saw your Easter eggs on the last post. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those lace tins! I've never seen them before either. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an unusual find the lace tins are. Not surprised people tried to buy them from you. Also just looked at your last post and the easter eggs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I used to pick up quite a few necklaces in my travels but haven't seen as many lately that I like. I'm jealous! :) Send me some thrifty luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl