Pages


1/25/12

Hearts laying around...

I've been working on making a few Valentine things recently. It is only 21 days away, its sneaking up on me just as fast as Christmas did. Here I've taken one of those plastic gold angels that were really popular once upon a time and turned it into a cupid. I spray painted the little cherub and distressed it then I added real fabric to cover the plastic molded fabric. Of course whats a cupid without fluffy white wings? I also made a quiver full of arrows that he has on his hip. I didn't make a bow for this cupid as he is very cunning and uses the strings on his mandolin to shoot off his arrows. Thats why you never see it coming... then *bam* an arrow right to the butt....er um~ heart.... and your in love~I also whipped up some valentine hearts.... you can never have to many hearts laying around. I've got a lot more hearts I've made over the years, stuffed in a drawer-- somewhere. I'll probably find them around halloween~For fifty cents I purchased a piece of red sequined/stitched fabric that I've been cutting into heart shapes and stitching them together.

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving your Valentines! The Cherub is great!

    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little cherub! I have the heart card you made last year hanging in the bow window with it's little set of arrows!
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just the cutest cherub! You really did a great job on that. I also love your hearts and what a clever way to get your bling without having to make a stitch.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with your cherub and your hearts are so pretty!
    got your package yesterday! woohoo!
    thank you! tell me your proper email address again and I will paypal you.
    thanks Cheryl!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from spain, I like the angel and hears in the tray. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your fabric hearts and I need to also get busy on my valentines

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl