12/6/12

Dominoe Magnets

 I tried my hand at dying some dominoes with alcohol ink. It was interesting. I like how it dried fast--- but it dried tooooo fast in some cases. Don't they look like square Easter eggs?
 After I inked up a bunch, I then stamped and embossed each one with silver embossing powder. I chose to use only two of my favorite stamps... I love-love this French script stamp~

this little key stamp is a favorite of mine too~

The embossing on top of the inked dominoes looks really good. I was worried that it wasn't going to, seeing how the ink looked very blotchy~


After each dominoe was embossed, I adhered a magnet to the backsides and then I edged each one with silver tape to finish them off.

 I think the silver tape really makes each one pop. The next time I make some of these dominoe magnets I am going to try my hand at making my own alcohol ink...

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Those are beautiful! The silver tape definitely finishes them off nicely. Best wishes, Tammy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Those are pretty! Thanks for sharing, and the info about the ink drying to fast.
Enjoy your weekend.

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: I like all the sets. Great job ... ... Keep in touch

Diana Seal said...

What a great idea, Cheryl! They look fantastic, I love the colors!
Have a great weekend!
Diana

Jenny's Heart said...

They Look GREAT!
Merry Christmas AND God Bless :)