Pages


6/20/19

D.I.Y. Cannon

I have always wanted to try my hand at making a cannon. Weird, I know... but when you have a pirate themed backyard it is on your list of "must haves." This cannon I made is going to be in a building at our local fair so it isn't made for the elements...I found a large foam cylinder at a thrift store for a dollar, that was the catalyst for the cannon. I added cardboard around the foam so that I could better attach other pieces to build the cannon.
My friend had given me an empty Pringles can to add to my "stash" of things I might need for making pirate decorations. Well, that worked perfectly for the side pieces of the cannon.
My husband had bought a ready to eat salad from the grocery store-- that worked out perfectly to create a rounded end on the non-firing end of the cannon. Once the basic shape was formed, it was simply a matter of adding the finishing touches. I added pieces of crinkled tissue paper on the cannon, the cardboard 2 x 4's and the wheels too.
Once the tissue paper had dried, all I had to do was paint it and put it together. Now that it is finished, it is going to hang out in my garage until needed.
Easy~peasy, lemon-squeezy~ I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. You are so darn creative! Wonderful upcycling! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great job.

    Proves you can make anything if you put your mind to it.

    ReplyDelete

  3. wow!!! beautiful cards Han!!! I loooove them!! hope your little one is feeling much better, take care :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl