Pages


1/28/22

Boutique Signage

I've never had a sign for my boutique table when I've sold at events... nothing appealed to me that was being offered up for sale online. I joined a group on facebook for vendors and read everyone's opinion on having your business name with your products and thought they were valid... so I ended up creating this little cutie pie to sit on my table.

 I think it is important to "do you"... I just couldn't do the typical vinyl sign... not that there is anything wrong with that type of sign-- it just isn't me. You get me. 

Firstly, I don't know what it is about rescuing and repurposing things that just gets me so happy... so, when I came across this crooked little sign at our local swap meet I knew it was meant as a sign... for me to make a sign.  For only a dollar it was well worth seeing if I could revamp it and make it work for me.

The sign was crooked... so, I had to build up the base of the stand so that it would sit straight and then I had to tackle that squatty bird cage at the top of the sign. I managed to bend and cut it off, no easy feat I tell you. 
 
I covered the front and back of the wood piece with sheet music from the 1800's *swoon* I think it is important to surround yourself with things you love... even when your selling your wares! I water washed the edges of the sheet music with burnt umber acrylic paint which gave me a great base to work on. 

I cut out the words "Artsy Fartsy" out of an aluminum can using my alphabet metal die cuts. Then it was just a matter of gluing on moss and flowers to finish it up.
I drilled holes into the board so I could feed a thin strand of fairy lights through the board so that the battery pack could be attached to the backside out of view. I also can change out the batteries easily too. I have one light on the backside so I can see when the light goes out. (I'm going to be adding more flowers to the backside too)
 
Well, I think it came out super cute and I can't wait to display this sign on my table full of things I'm offering up for sale.  For now, I'm enjoying it sitting on my desk.
 
I still have yet to start making anything to actually sell!.... eiy-eiy-eiy...

2 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job with it and it really shows what you are all about repurposing and making something fantastic out of something ordinary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl