Pages


11/28/07

My first quilt~

I finally finished the "Yo Gabba-Gabba" quilt for my grandsons first Christmas (one of zillions of presents lol) The first attempt failed as the images of the show's characters I printed from my printer onto fabric ran when they got wet. Luckily I had just finished only one block when I found that out. Whew... I ended up making each block pieced by hand using various colors of flannel fabric. The black parts I used fleece fabric so it gives it a furry feel to it :-P I think it turned out kinda cute. I purchased a navy blue twin flat sheet from Walmart ($2.50, what a deal) to use as the backing of this quilt. I used my sewing machine to stitch the front to the backing stitching along the seams of the patchwork quilt. The backing I cut larger by two inches all the way around then ironed the edge in half then half again then I just pulled it to the front to make the quilts binding. I've never made a quilt before and I am very pleased at how this turned out.

I finally received the Steve Urkel doll (from the show Family Matters) that I bought off of e-bay. That doll I'm going to make into the shows main character "DJ Lance Rock" I've never made doll clothing either...wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is just adorable! I will have to learn how to do that.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt!!
    Is there any way I can get the pattern from you?
    Maybe you can tell me where you got the pictures?
    Some measurements?

    Thank you in advance for your time

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl