Pages


2/8/08

4 x 4 Friday

This is my first "4 x 4 Friday"
The theme for this Friday is "The Wild West" ........ well it doesn't get any wilder than two boys acting like cowboys! I used a dark brown & gold acrylic paint as the back drop for this 4 x 4. The photo is a copy of a vintage family photo. I stamped into the wet paint... let it dry, then I stamped the words "giddy up" again over the top of that using black acrylic paint. I painted on some varnish over the top.... I love that stuff. I'm thinking I am going to sand it a little bit (later) to hide the brush strokes. I think the combination of colors and the varnish it gives it an old looking patina.... I also added the little cracker jack pistol as a dangly.

12 comments:

  1. Don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys! I love that. I had the album Urban Chipmonk and used to listen to Alvin sing that song. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or is it Chipmunk - that looks right - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh stunning. Fantastic creation. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great collage and beautiful charms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful background - very evocative.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Great! I can just imagine all the fabulous texture that adds to the effect. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love this piece! It's cute in a non-cutesy way. Love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great piece!!!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl