Pages


10/29/09

Show & Tell~

This week I'm showing my cameo collection. Now, none of these are super old or worth anymore than what I paid for them (about $2 bucks each-- tops) But they sure do look nice when all grouped together in a little bowlie on my bathroom counter. Here are some vintage inspired two sided pin-keeps that I just made. I really like how they turned out. When I had completed one I thought to myself, "These would be great at showcasing an old piece of jewelry"....Soooooooo taaaaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaaa now I've got some vintage inspired jewelry holders! The jewelry piece in the center of this one pictured below is a pin-backed piece that is indeed old... I found it in amongst some buttons in a tin that I picked up for $2~ If ever When I open an etsy shop, I'd like to make & sell these.... What do you think I could charge for them.... $10 bucks each? Or do you think thats to much???? Input would be greatly appreciated :-)

You can also see more Show & Tells over at Cindy's blog "My Romantic Home" If you have linked to my blog and wish to view more, just click right here!

14 comments:

  1. oh my.. what a lovely collection! I love them all.. you are so lucky and where in the world did you find those lovely pretties?

    Happy Friday & Halloween too!

    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun collection. I must admit, I don't have any cameos. I might just have to look for some.

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just a few pieces too. I love cameos!!!!

    My Show n Tell is a slide show this week.

    Happy weekend, happy Halloween if you observe it...no matter, just BE SAFE!

    CLICK HERE for my Show n Tell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl

    First let me say WOW!! Those are gorgeous. and you're right perfect for displaying a vintage piece of jewelery. You cameo collection is great - they have such an air of romance to them.

    Big Hugs
    Leannn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty collection of cameos. I have some I bought to repurpose in jewelry, but have not done anything with them yet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. $10.00 is not enough for that lovely hand work and amount of time, plus materials. Would you consider making $2.00 an hour out in the real world? You should at the least charge $15.00. They are beautiful and I hope you do well with them. The possibilities are endless when it comes to specific kinds of jewelry holders you could make. Good Luck. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl thank you for showing your cameo collection.. It just reminds me so much of my mommy, she passes away in 2005. She had many cameos. My sister got her cameos,that is what she chose. They were beautiful.. I think your pin keeps are adorable and you should mark them higher at first and then if they don't sell and you want to take less, that would be the way to go..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cameos....I LOVE cameos and they don't need to be expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those cameos are so elegant and pretty... yesterday I was at a craft store for the first time... and they have some and I bought about 5... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you could get $10 for those -- very cute! I had a lovely cameo that I splurged on in an antique store in Maine, but sold it because I never wore it. Maybe someday I'll replace it with one I think I'll wear...yours look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think $10 will generate interest. There's always shipping and people are hesitant to spend on extras right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did! I love cameos too. My husband is a jeweler and do you know for YEARS I have been begging him for a cameo, it's been 14 yrs later and I still don't have one. I might jut have to get one for myself! And $10 sounds like a great price. I would certainly purchase those for my coworkers b-days and for my mother and sisters! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cameo collection!

    It's so hard to tell what to charge for things, isn't it! I struggle with that all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl