5/16/10

Brown bag Card~

I made my very first card using a brown paper bag for my mother for Mother's day. I think it turned out kinda caute for something made using a paper sack. I took a photo of myself as a small child (eh gawds, I guess you could say a vintage photo of myself!) and made a transparency with it. (if your going to do this as well, make a mirrored copy so the emulsion will be on the inside of the card) Anywho, I used some velum paper under the transparency which I then colored using some chalk to give the picture some color. I stitched on the bag, inked it, painted it and stitched it somemore. I turned the folded section of the paper bag into a pocket to hold a gift card~I also made a pocked on the backside to hold one of my info-cards~I made a sheet music envelope to hold the card and tied it up with some vintage fabic that I stamped with one of my favorite stamps.I happened upon a bundle of smaller bags recently at a second hand store for super cheap.... I'm thinking of making tags out of them. Another... "one of these days I'm going to do that projects~ "

6 comments:

joanne wardle said...

really beautiful

Shelly said...

Very Cute Missy! Thanks for sharing, have a good Sunday!

Hugs,
Shell

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Cheryl, your card is GORGEOUS! WOWZERS!

Victoria said...

Oh that is darling! Your mom must have been thrilled with it!!!

Debby said...

This is really beautiful.
Debby

Queen Bee said...

What a fantastic idea! The card is FABULOUS!