Pages


7/7/10

Making coasters~

While straightening out my garage the other day, I came across a box of tile I had bought at a yard sale about a year ago..... I got the box of 8 tumbled edge tile and 6 small tile pieces cut from a large tile for only $3. The gal told me she intended to make coasters with the tile and never got around to it. Small world as I was wanting tile to make coasters with. Ser·en·dip·i·ty I tell ya~ Well, I wasn't quite in the mood to make the coasters when I bought the tile at the time so I stashed them in my garage.... better to have it so when you want it you just have to shop your own stuff... Anywho, I cut out some fairies, Mod Podged them onto the tile and then sealed each with several coats of clear varnish. Here are the tumbled tile~
Look at the face on this little cherub... so funny!Here are the cut tile coasters, I don't like these ones as well as the tumbled tile.
These worked up super fast once the fairies were all cut out. Wouldn't this be a fun project for a Sunday school or girl/boy scout troop? Easy-peasy! I've linked up to Cindy's Show & Tell~

7 comments:

  1. Very Cute!!! I have a "few" projects hiding in my garage...
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great idea!
    BTW! I LOVE your blog name! My hubby said too bad you got it first, cause it would have been perfect for me! LOL! MEN! Can all ways count on a smart alec comment! HAHA!
    Take care, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! What a great idea!! These would make lovely gifts..great idea for when the holidays roll around..or anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love these! They look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coasters turned out so cute. How do they handle the water? I've always wanted to try that. Going to the Restore store today. Might pick up some tiles for a future project...very far future as I am sure I will be unpacking for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job they are so sweet. Oh no, another project for my list.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl