Pages


3/13/11

Thrifted Treasures

As the weather starts to get nicer, yard sales are springing up all over town. A sure sign that spring is here. In the next few months there are going to be mile long block sales held every Saturday. One right after another, I love traditions! Here is what I managed to find this past weekend. I picked up two old milk glass lamps-- $1 each. Score~ Look at the bases on these, so darn cute! I am going to have the hub-ster rewire them for me. This fabulous sterling silver necklace with real blue topaz stones (new with tag) was only .50¢ Two vintage muffin tins full of jewelry, yards of old crocheted trim, rhinestone bracelets and 2 tiaras and a silver baby rattle-- all of this for only $5. Odds & ends of things-- $2. This glass pedestal bowl was $1.50, and the painted jewelry box was $1.50 as well.
I found this wooden box filled with 4 different games for only $1. Nice cubbies!
Besides hitting some yard sales and thrift stores, I've started painting on my vintage bedroom set I picked up last weekend. I haven't gotten to far with painting it just yet.... there is never enough time to do the fun things! Along with painting I've got a few "works in progress" going on: Easter ornaments for an ornament exchange..... Twenty-one Saint Patricks day hats for some crocheted leprechauns...I've also signed up for an Easter big-box swap--- ummm I think its an Easter swap. I guess I had better check on that :-) Busy, busy.... busy... and I've lost an hour! *gasp* I've linked up to Apron Thrift Girls "Thrift Share Monday" linky party.

14 comments:

  1. You found some really great stuff. I like that silver baby rattle. What are you going to do with those eggs? Something pretty cool, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl! You found so really great stuff! Congratulations!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you have found some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I've never seen a muffin tin like that - very pretty! Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tiara's I never see them but I pick up a lot of rhinestone stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the tiaras! Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great treasures...oh, how I wish I could visit these yard sales where such wonders are sold for just a few dollars! We don't have these in the UK, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lamps...I have about 3 that my mom picked up over the years at Goodwill or yard sales and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I have to giggle a bit because when I saw your eggs for an Easter craft I thought "Jurassic Park" rather than Easter. Can you tell I have boys? LOL Great finds, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! There has never been anything sweeter in those muffin tins!

    I have organized a spring swap and linky party. If you are interested the details are on today's post.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finds! Love those tiara's! You don't find those too often.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheryl, I was wandering,Does Jewelery glue work on the metal spoons?Thanks-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two old milk glass lamps for $1 each. Wow that is a score! I have a couple of glasses that I love and have had for years. I'm always on the lookout for more at a reasonable price. I would die if I came across the lamps at that price. You're a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl