I hung up the "Artsy Fartsy" banner I made a while back over my window, and I'm happy to announce I love it there. While admiring it, I noticed a huge empty space above the window that was crying out to be filled.... so.... fill it I did. I printed out sections of an old ruler, 7 sheets in total. After cutting out each section of the ruler, I taped the sheets together on the backside. Once joined together, I laid them onto foam core and traced the exact width of the ruler onto the board. I cut the foam core with a sharp blade and painted the edges black to give the ruler a more finished appearance once it was all put together. I had to cut 3 pieces of foam core to fit the length of the six foot long ruler. I joined the sections together using some toothpicks and glue. Once the paint and glue dried, I used Mod Podge to adhere the images to the foam core. I used a brayer to aide in getting it nice and smooth. Here it is completed and hanging above my window. I have it hanging at an angle above my window and from where I stood to take this photo, it makes it appear bowed... but its not.I love it :-) I've got it hanging next to my large scissors and my large paint brush..... I'd like to hang a large pencil or color crayon up there as well... and a large bottle of glue!