8/27/12

Playing with Metal Tape

I made a sign for my grandsons bedroom door. Keeping with the car theme he wants for his bedroom, I made the sign look like it is made out of metal. I used yard and yards of metal tape to cover the letters of his name.... then yards more metal tape to cover a plank of wood to hold the letters... Here is a close up of all the detail that I pressed into the metal tape...I picked up five wooden picture frames at a second hand store for a few dollars....I covered those with metal tape as well.... perfect for holding photos of him at car shows and Monster Truck events....I hope he likes them~
Now, I have to make something for little Miss Chloe Rose!

9 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Cute idea! I bet your grands love having a creative grandmother. :)

Cathy L. Calamas said...

That is very cool. I'm going to have to go find some of that stuff.

Luisa said...

Beatuful. Kisses from LA MAGIA DE LAS IDEAS

Diana Seal said...

Looks absolutely amazing!

Leann said...

Awesome - I'm sure that he's going to love them!!!!!!!!! I know that I sure do!

Enjy your week!

Leann

Francy said...

wow....so much talent! You come up with the neatest ideas.

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

Any guy would love this look! I don't believe I've seem metal tape. Where did you buy this? Just curious...

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

Sorry.. I deleted it because I hit the publish button twice. Ok... time to back away from the computer! LOL