8/24/12

Caute Bulletin Board

A few months ago I bought this fabulous large frame at a yard sale for $1. I've been keeping an eye out for a large bulletin board to use inside the frame... well, this past week I managed to find one! I only had to pay $1 for that as well~I used a razor blade to easily cut through the cork board that I had measured to fit inside the frame. I used spray adhesive to adhere the recently acquired free dark chocolate colored burlap. To attach the cork board to the frame, I used a generous amount of wood glue. I couldn't use hot glue as most of it would have set up before I got back around to the starting point. Isn't it fabulous?Sooooooooo caute! Not a bad $2 investment. The hardest part of this whole project is going to be finding a place to hang it. *wink*

11 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful creation. Love the Patina on the frame..was it that way or did you do that too?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That does look great! I've wanted to do something similar, but definitely would have a hard time finding a place to hang it. I'm thinking to add cork to the front of an old wood cupboard my husband had made that holds my clothes in the bedroom -- then I'll trim it out like panels and can use that to hang lots of inspiration bits and pieces. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. In fact, I didn't do any of the projects I had planned for the summer and it is back to school tomorrow. Phooey! :) Have a great day. Tammy

Jillayne said...

I love it - $2.00?! The brown burlap just makes it and is the perfect foil for the frame. Gorgeous.
And I love your blog too!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous upgrade on the standard bulletin board! Do you have a guest room? I like to pin special thing up for different guests, especially things like tickets purchased in advance that I might misplace or a list of the activities planned for their stay. Cartoons from the newspaper, a key to the house.
Every guest would elicit something different.

Patti said...

Love, love, love!
Everything about it. Great inspiration for me today!

Diana Seal said...

Oh WOW, $2.00, you are so thrifty! It looks amazing!!

jeanetteann said...

Cheryl it's gorgeous,what a bargain.
Thank you for visiting me and for your nice comments. Your pirate party sounds fun,don't know about throwing the silver around the back yard though LOL x

Mari said...

Oh wow that's one fab bulletin board, your frame looks so much like mine :) I just love all the details on the frame....

Big Smiles~
Mari

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Wow! beautiful bulletin board! And what a bargain!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh my what a fantastic frame this is!!!! I love frames like yours and you have done a great job re purposing it!

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

Ok... I'm going to go to yard sales with you. Maybe your good luck will rub off!! Jaw-dropping fabulous finds! I am actually left speechless and that is a wonder unto itself!! LOL Oh! and I just became your newest follower... woohooo! If you have a chance I would love it if you dropped by mine... you could see what I've been up to as I'm a vintage girl myself!! See you soon! And thanks!!