11/26/12

Ohhhhh Christmas Tree....

I made a Christmas tree for my grand daughters Barbie house. Barbie wasn't happy with the faux tree... oh no... it wasn't full enough. So, I had to double it.

 I took two skinny trees and joined them together using wire pulling the trunks of the trees together as I wrapped the wire down the trunks...

I had to make a new base for the two conjoined Christmas trees, one that wouldn't topple over due to the bulk of the tree.

 Once the fuller tree met with Barbies approval, I hot glued all the ornaments, red ball garland and pink ball ornaments one at a time to the tree. I then glued some foam core squares together to create packages and covered those in scrapbook paper...

I love-love-love the little shabby chic cherubs on the tree, these were once silver so I spray painted them white...

I was lucky to find a small plastic nativity set at a second hand store a few weeks ago for 45¢, perfect for Barbies house. It just needed a stable...

 So, I made one...

Here it is after I painted it and hot glue everything in place. I cut small pieces of raffia and glued that to the ground of the stable to resemble hay. This little stable is under three inches tall...

I love it! Its the perfect addition next to the Christmas tree....
This tiny Christmas tree, packages and creche took me about a week to put together.... hmmm in d.i.y. years, I think thats about 2 years? lol 

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh my...how lovely! That is one lucky grand daughter you have!!!

vivian said...

omg.... I dont even know what to say.. I feel like I say the same things every time I come here. but really...
you are amazing!
those are perfect for a barbie house! I really really cant wait to see the whole thing finished.
have a great day Cheryl!
xoxo

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable! You are so dang artsy fartsy! Ha! I'm sure your granddaughter was tickled pink. Best wishes, Tammy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very pretty and detailed. You are very creative!! I have not decorated my doll houses for Christmas in years, but the general store has Christmas packages and wreaths year round. :D

Tracie Dean said...

Such a lucky girl!!! My Barbie never had it so good..lol.

You did an amazing job. I love the everything. Such ingenuity.

Look forward to what you up with next!

Diannia said...

You never cease to amaze me GF!

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: I love this Christmas tree in the scale of Barbie. My Barbie also going to have her own Christmas tree ..... Keep in touch

Jeanie said...

I think you are having a wonderful time and it all looks adorable. Lucky little girl!