4/29/13

Covered Cushions-- done!

Well, I can cross off the cushion covers for the outdoor couch set off of my to do list.

I was all set to purchase outdoor fabric to cover the cushions but even at half price, I was looking at well over $200 bucks to cover them. So, I used the ol' stand-by.... canvas painters tarp. One $35 dollar tarp covered 9 cushions with left overs to boot!

I still need to paint the foot stool and the coffee table that match this set--- but for now--- here it is in all its glory.
I am so glad that huge project is behind me as I need to get ready for the show and sale I am participating in this Saturday. I started sewing a table cover that has rows and rows of ruffles on it. Well, ok to be truthful it only has one row of ruffles so far. Hmmmm do I really want to sit at my sewing machine and sew all that? Eh gawds... the thought of doing that makes me fussy!

5 comments:

Diannia said...

These turned out really really cute! I'm currently making a "Car" banner/bunting for Mr. Roman's 2nd bday party this Saturday.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Very nice - you a great job on them.
Good luck with the show - hope you sell out.

Gloria McAllister said...

Cheryl,

I recently discovered your blog...and I love almost everything you do!
Thanks for sharing and brightening my days.

Ana said...

I can't believe how expensive fabric can get. Sometimes it's cheaper just to buy them already done :-( Anyway, your seat cushions look great. Glad you found an alternative. I love using canvas tarps too. I made a patio awning once out of one. Love it.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Desires of the Heart said...

Your cushions look wonderful Cheryl!! I know what you mean about the cushions ready made...It is just amazing how much they want for them. I have been toying with the idea of using drop cloths to do mine too. They would not fade and any color pillows would look great. Wonderful job! Blessings, Linda