3/2/15

Recent Treasures

Here are some of my recent treasures that I've found and hauled home. I found a wooden 3/4 barrel for only $20.00. I have no idea what the previous owner used it for, but I see it has potential to be something fabulous. It has a hinged door at the bottom and a hole with threads in it too. I love the fact that it has two brackets attached to the side, this would make a perfect table to hold hand towels....Who knows what it will end up looking like!

 I also scored on two full size barrels too. The original price was $45 each. I got both of them for $45.... Buy one, get one free. Score.

Buddha was smiling down on me today... I got two.  This jolly golden guy with a nice smile...

and this solemn looking statue too. 
I also scored on some candle sticks and lanterns... my cat Chumley loves pirate stuff as much as I do.

 Here are some other random odds and ends. I adore the little wooden baby shoe form. At first glance I didn't think it was old-- until I flipped it over.
It was only $1.00, who could resist...

About a month ago, I bought an old chippy door that I thought would be a perfect door for my pirate store... I ended up not liking it for that-- so we are making it into a counter for the pirate store instead.
 I had every intention to leave it chippy.... but one thing lead to another and it was just so fun and easy to scrap off the paint.....
The upside is now I can paint it all one color and then distress it so it looks fabulous. So like the saying goes, "That is my story and I'm sticking to it."
big hugs,
 

5 comments:

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: Fabulous treasures. Great purchases. Keep in touch

boopnut said...

I will be anxious to see what you do with the barrel! We have one in our shed. I always wanted my husband to make planters out of it.
Deb

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful finds, I love the wooden mug with the pewter plaque on it!!

Sandee Walsh said...

OMG!!! Of course I want to go junking with you...who wouldn't? but the work, I'll leave that to you LOL! Of course I would make a leg cut off with the shoe and I can see how it's been used a lot with all the nail holes, I'm envious but happy you are having such a fabulous time and so I'm I along with you. Thanks and...
HUGS

Jeanie said...

Perfect, Cheryl! You certainly know how to get the best finds! And Chumley is gorgeous!