We finally finished up the simple patio cover over the lagoon area in my backyard. It was a slow undertaking as I really couldn't tolerate working out in the cold this past winter... but now that it is done and the weather is getting somewhat warmer.... need I say it? I have started to undertake another new project in my backyard. Why, oh WHY do I do this?.... eiy-eiy-eiy... the things I get myself into. This area had a large planter with lush tropical plants in it... but, I decided to make the planter area smaller so that I could make more usable space in the actual lagoon. For the most part this area was basically a breezeway between two areas. Now it is going to serve more as a seating area.
I dug up all the plants, then up came all of the retaining stones and lastly, massive amounts of dirt had to be dug up... Where I'm going to be putting all that dirt is giving me nightmares! In my mind, I thought it was going to be a lot less dirt... in this photo it doesn't look like much, but it is a pile of dirt about three feet wide by 20 feet long... I reworked the planter on the side of the lagoon, I even added a few more rows of the retaining stones to this planter so I could actually use up some of the dirt. It didn't make the dent in the dirt pile like I had imagined... nuts.