Pages


2/13/19

Wednesday Workshop

Every Wednesday evening from 6 to 9 I host a pirate prop workshop to get some help for creating items for our Fair fundraiser in October. I have lots and lots of little filler items that are time consuming to create and are the perfect items for people who don't craft a lot to help to make. Basically, all the stuff I don't want to do!
I was going to save these plastic skulls for the helpers to help out with. I dirtied up one... 

and while creating a sample skull-- got carried away and finished them all. 
I cut up some cardboard boxes and made some small knives...
I created some large swords too.... these I'll take to the clubhouse and have them do a fast paper mache job on each one.

I've taken some girl scout cookie boxes and turned them inside out to create some boxes of "beans." Because, you know.. pirates like their beans. *wink*

These stenciled boxes will serve as storage for props leading up to the event and then of course... to be used at the event. I stuffed the skulls I made into the bean boxes for storage for now...
I've been saving small cookie boxes and turned all of those inside out as well. These boxes were created last Wednesday evening when we got together. I brought them home and touched them up a bit... and added a little more detail to each one, glued the boxes back together and added the red eye socket which will get red glitter added to it this evening. I'm going to make a small sign that reads, "It is all fun and games until someone needs an eye patch" and place that somewhere close by. Actually... did you know that pirates wore an eye patch over a single eye so that one eye would be pre- adjusted to darkness while going down below into their ship or boarding another ship in the night? Smart pirates!
Well, I've got a rolling cart filled with projects for my helpers to help me with this evening. It is a lot of work to create a project and get all the supplies together for everyone to use, but it would be even MORE work to have to then create everything myself!
I hope I get a lot of people to come help out tonight!
big happy hugs,
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. well I hope you have a great turnout EVERY week. Sometimes it's hard to get people to come out to help. These are cool projects and pretty darned creative. I'm going to have to remember to turn a box inside out to reuse it!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are doing a mighty fine job of getting things done. Hope you had a good helper turnout. :) Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's great that you have help with these, I had to laugh you ended up doing the skulls by yourself, they turned out great! The swords look neat. I never knew about the pirate patches to help them adjust to the dark. Hope it is a good productive night

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing an amazing job. I hope you get lots of helpers. If I wasn't so far away, I'd come myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl