Pages


11/16/08

Front door~

Here is a little something that I whipped up for my front door for this winter/holiday season... I had seen something similar in a magazine and thought "I can make that!"I used a pair of small ice skates (originally black) I picked up for$5 bucks (which I painted pink) I added some textured paint to the blades for the appearance of snow then while still wet I sprinkled on some diamond glitter (Michaels $5 bucks) The snowballs were made using styrofoam balls (a box full for free!) and some joint compound which I had on hand in the garage. I poked a wooden skewer into each ball to use as a handle while I covered each ball with the joint compound-- this also made it easier to let each styrofoam ball dry completely because you can insert them into cups/vases etc to let them dry. After the snowballs were dry I put some glitter randomly onto each ball. I picked up this huge baby blue syrup bucket for $1 buck this past Saturday at a yard sale :-) The greenery was a wreath I had that I just smooshed together into a greenery blob. I then just stuffed it into the bucket, tied on the skates.... poked the skewers into the greenery...and added two white glittered bows. Taaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaa instant cute!Just a girl is hosting a craft party, be sure to go over and check it out! Also, The Inspired Room is hosting a "Holiday Linky Love" event... check it out as well!!

2 comments:

  1. First and foremost--you are a woman after my own heart. I LOVE Josh Groban! :) Secondly, you just "whipped" this up?? It's brilliant! I LOVE the ice skates! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! I love the pink skates. your are very creative!
    hugs
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl