Pages


11/16/08

Mixed Media Monday~

This weeks theme is: Ornamental Christmas. I've made 6 of these cones~ They were made using discolored pages from a 1920's newspaper. (don't you just love the color?) I cut the cone shape from a heavy cardstock and glued the newspaper on the inside as well as the outside. I didn't have to do the inside, but it was so white-- it just screamed "cover me!" Once they were dry, I shaped each one into a cone, you should always do this before glueing, just so you know it is going to work! I then used my hot glue and attached it quickly to hold the shape :-) *hugging glue-gun* I lovvvvvvvvve my glue gun! I then added vintage gold tinsel garland around the top and stuffed it with odds & ends. Nothing is glued in place, just stuffed-- just like the holidays! I also added a metal hole thingy on each side, what do you call those? Anywho, I just punched them into place and added a ribbon hanger. Soooooooooo easy-peasy! I'm going to hang these in my living room for some added Christmas decor~
Here is a neat "cone holder" that I picked up for $2 bucks at a thrift store--- it makes it so easy to stuff a cone with this little cutie holding it~

21 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I'm so glad you were able to join in with this theme, your christmas cone is truly wonderful and the vintage feel is sooo perfect,what a great idea for some unique christmas decor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful cones, Cheryl! They are going to look wonderful in your home! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely novel idea, and I'd kill for that cone-holder!! The cones are vintage and lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cone. What a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow wow this is totally awesome.
    So fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your newspaper pages and the cones you made of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and the vintage feel is so perfect !!! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your christmas cone is so beautiful.
    i love all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are terrific, they will lokok wonderful hung at Christmas. I lust after your cone holder, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this holiday cone! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cones and that holder is perfect. Lovely vintage creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute!! Metal hole thingy = eyelet (?) love these - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! I love that newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like this idea, the end result is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cones are wonderful. Thank you now I have a use for the sheet music books I picked up last summer and the
    wrap from last Christmas- if I can find it that is.
    Did you do anything special to strenghen the handle to hold the weight of the contents?
    lauramae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl