8/12/09

Transformation Thursday~

Granny cart make-over! Here is a little red "granny-cart" that I picked up from our local swap meet for $8. (I've got a total of 4 of these in different colors and sizes) I've had this one a few years, I've kept it in the trunk of my '66 Mustang just incase I needed a cart at a moments notice to peruse any block sale I might come across. I had previously made the red checkered liner for it, but I was never happy with how it turned out... Sooooooo I made a new liner for the little granny cart...now its a toddler tote!! Now its going to haul around toys for my grandson. In keeping with my two year old grandson's passion for anything car related, I used car fabric that I picked up at Walmart. ($4.44 a yard) The black fabric is a piece of a twin size flat sheet. (that I picked up at Walmart for $2.50) You just can't beat the price of using sheets. I love how it turned out, and most importantly-- my grandson loves how it turned out! You can also view more transformations over at "Shabby Chic Cottage" and over at "A Soft Place to Land" Kimba is hosting a "do it yourself" linky party. The Coloradolady is also hosting a Vintage Thingie Thursday. Last but not least...Leigh over at "Tales From Bloggeritaville" is hosting a Thrifty Thursday linky party~

21 comments:

CC said...

I absolutely love the "granny cart", and the redo is just wonderful. I know your grandson loves it. Happy VTT..hope you have a lovely weekend.

Coloradolady said...

What a cute cart...love the redo...it is so much fun turning something cute into ordinary items. Have a great VTT!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow.. what a nice make over! toddler cart! what a great idea! thanks for sharing & happy VTT

Traci said...

Oh I wish I could sew....that is awesome!!!

Delightful Dwelling said...

How cute, what a neat idea.

Postcardy said...

I wish I had a cart like that. I've never seen carts in different colors or knew that they were called "granny carts."

Keetha Broyles said...

I didn't know those were called granny carts.

I've never owned a granny cart.

Your's is adorable.

I can see I need one. ;-)

Susan said...

Cute granny cart redo.

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

I adore your granny cart! It is precious!Thanks for linking up today for Thrifty Thursday! I am so appreciative!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

How chic! Love it!

jennifer said...

That looks great! My son would love the cart.

Candace said...

Who would have thought - why you, of course! What a great and useful recycling idea!
Cheers!

Bea said...

Great redo. I love using sheets as well.

~~Carol~~ said...

That's one souped up granny cart! I have one of those, and it's got a bag stuffed in it that you can get at festivals: ugly plastic. You've inspired me to make a nicer bag, in time for the Covered Bridge Festival!

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

That turned out great! Looks like the fabric was just made to go with the cart. Know he'll enjoy it. xo

Kammy said...

Such a great re-do - love it ! I bet your little grandson will want to climb right in !
Kammy

Christina said...

Oh, I just love the granny cart. I'm sure your grandson will love carting his toys around in it.

jskell911 said...

What a neat idea!

Kirby3131 said...

I think it's fabulous! and it's good that the grandson approves, too :)

Ally0005 said...

Love the Granny cart, very cute!!

Ally

Becky said...

That is so smart and sassy! I love it!