Pages


9/14/09

Tuesday Treasures~

This past weekend I went to a mile long yard sale. Slim pickings.... Here are a few things I picked up... I got a bolt of burlap for $1, a box full of ornaments & tassles for $2here is a close-up of the ornaments-- caute!Tiny pink wings & a tinkerbell ribbon skirt for $1, a long barbie dress that has sheer fabric and netting that I'm going to cut apart and make fit my 7 month old grandaughter for only $1. I picked up this antique wooden oval gold frame for $1 and this darling vintage corner shelf for $1, isn't it adorable? I imagine some young boy made this in woodshop back in the day.... it has some veneer missing but thats an easy fix with paper clay and of course painting it will just put it over the top cute!More wings! All of these were from different yard sales. The black wings $1, the blue wings $1 and the feather wings....$1! Happy-happy-joy-joy... I love me some wings~ Head on over to Diane's blog to see more Tuesday Treasures on her linky for "2nd Time Around Tuesday" Also.... if your wanting to see even more treasures stop over at Rhoda's blog "Southern Hospitality" Holly is hosting a Thrift store Thursday linky party on her blog "Homebody" as well... ~ Lastly, Brittney is hosting a Goodwill Goodies linky party on her blog. If you have linked to my blog and wish to view more.... you can click here.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Cherly - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    You won a prize! Come check out this BLOG post

    I've emailed you and will wait to hear back from you!
    Congratulations! :O)
    ~A~

    ps- great deal on the burlap! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - look at those ornaments in the basket! I *love* the bubble ones you made below -- love them so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good and fun stuff. I love the feather wings. Wow...great prices. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl, Thanks so much for linking to 2nd Time Around and sharing your thrifty finds with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Cheryl, I had company all day yesterday. No time to comment. I love your thrifty finds and the wings are big winners in my book. Love em. I fix old frames too, but I use wood putty. it is hard to do but it works. Great finds and I bet you had fun.

    Have a happy day.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Score...those ornies are fabulous and so is the rest of your haul!! Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing your treasures and linking up to Thrift Store Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have found some fun stuff to play with...enjoy!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found sme fun bargains! love the little vintage shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You mentioned that you could fix that corner shelf with paper clay. I have never heard of paper clay. I Googled it and saw where Michaels sells it. I have learned so much from bloggers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl