Pages


4/9/14

The Pirate Pony

I bought a Butterscotch pony this past summer for $5.00 at a yard sale... Although, she looked nothing like she looks now.
When I first laid eyes on her, this is what I saw... an ear less, tail pulled off and laying on the ground sad-sad looking pony. I just had to rescue her!

First thing I did on this pony make-over was make her some new ears.
I pulled up the huge ponies mane and cut away some of the fabric underneath to use to cover the ponies new ears I was needing to make. I used thick cardboard for the new ears and just hot glued the fur on top. I sheered the long fur off of the ears using scissors held at an angle.
Once the ears were finished I just hot glued them in place. I also hot glued the tail back on, cut away some fur from the ponies eyes and added a rope harness and a fabric saddle blanket. 
 
Here she is in all her glory pulling the small wagon I have in my backyard.
 
I also rescued the colorful parrot, it had both of its feet torn off. I guess kids play rough these days! I made some new feet for the bird using wire, cardboard and some orange felt.
The monkey was another rescue.... although all I rescued the monkey from was a tacky Tarzan outfit.
big hugs,


9 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I really enjoyed hearing how you rescued this toys! So clever you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a beautiful job with that pony...and the parrot's new feet too. The monkey is adorable. They're all such perfect little characters to add to that amazing garden of yours!...You're so clever Cheryl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job rescuing the pony and the parrot! They look so good there, along with the cute monkey pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Spain: pirate pony is very cute. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job once again on all the toys! What did you use to cover the pony's fabric you took for his ears...if I know you (and I do) I bet it's cute under his mane too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - What a great restoration job on both the pony and parrot - especially the pony. You really did good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow cheryl! Butterscotch looks great@ So happy that she went to a new home and has a great life. Just in case you forgot I'm the one you purchased her from. BTW about a month ago I came across Butterscotches friend S'mores (the Painted pony) and I paid $10.00 for him at a garage sale, fixed him up and sold it to a neighbor who's little 4 year old grandson was having a western themed birthday paryt. He was the hit of the party! S'more was in great shape I didn't need to add appendiges. Just clean him up. All the animals are adorable! Such talent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow cheryl! Butterscotch looks great@ So happy that she went to a new home and has a great life. Just in case you forgot I'm the one you purchased her from. BTW about a month ago I came across Butterscotches friend S'mores (the Painted pony) and I paid $10.00 for him at a garage sale, fixed him up and sold it to a neighbor who's little 4 year old grandson was having a western themed birthday paryt. He was the hit of the party! S'more was in great shape I didn't need to add appendiges. Just clean him up. All the animals are adorable! Such talent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Cheryl you are amazing! I love to do the same thing I repair rattan chairs an love seats, make jewelry make jewelry displays I am like uou love making thing out of nothing I would love to enter your contest my e-mail is ka.jun.bell@hotmail.com. I am from Abbeville Louisiana we call ourselves coomasses..we are as South of LA as you can get I was born in a house boat on the Vermilion river but I am sort of like you I love making things out of nothing ..So exciting to meet someone like me to talk to..my Shop is called Bling by Carol on facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl