Pages


9/10/14

School Spirit

When I was in high school a lot of my friends wore handmade knitted or crocheted scarves with the schools colors. I desperately wanted one. It never happened. If I had known how to crochet or knit myself back in the day, I would have made my own. *sigh, I want a do-over* I have made my two grandkids even though they are in elementary school school spirit scarves. I even made them hats to go along with their scarves! Their school is having a beautiful fund raising dinner at a super exclusive house on the extension.... oooh-la-la.... So, I thought I'd go old school and whip up a scarf and hat set to be auctioned off at a silent auction at the event. I know, I know..... so "1980's" But I couldn't help myself~ I created a stand for the hat and scarf using some foam core--- hoping to make it a little less "grandma made an auction item" and over all make it a little more desirable.

I also whipped up a crocheted cheerleader using the schools colors of navy blue and yellow. I loved making this doll, it was an easy pattern to follow, although the next time I make it I will tweak the pattern a little bit. I didn't like the oval shape of the head... or the eyes and the mouth. Other than that, I love it!
I think I'll whip up some scarves and have the grandkids give them to their teachers. Might as well start a trend! Make them desirable once again!
big hugs,
 

4 comments:

  1. Nice job! The doll is so cute.
    It may be 80's, but when my Grands wore their hats,ear warmers and scarves that she crocheted for them, some of their friends asked if she could make some for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I know your kids and the school will love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think these ever go out of date, especially with school colors! I love the cheerleader! My grandmother made me a sweater once when I was in the eighth grade. I didn't appreciate it then, but I'm so glad I had my picture taken in it. I very much love that picture now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl,

    Such a lovely thing to do and a nice job you have made.
    Enjoy the weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl