Pages


5/15/17

Treasure

It has been a fun-few-weeks of treasure hunting recently. I found two more American Girl dolls for $2.00 each. I already have the one standing in the back, but for $2.00... I didn't even hesitate to buy another one. Messy hair, don't care! I think I have about nine AG dolls now... I'm not sure of the exact count because they are all boxed up in the rafters of my garage!

Two lovely quilts for $4.00 each. The bottom one I got for fa-ree. The Ficus was only $4.00...of course the new pot and potting soil I bought at the nursery turned my $4.00 score into a heck of a lot more money!
 Old books, a card game and some vintage fabric and a small quilt, all of this for $2.00.
 A vintage Samovar Coffee urn for $1.00. Sure, its missing a handle and the lid---- but pushed up against something in my pirate yard and strands of pearls draped out of the top and it will be something to behold!
 This next item was something that I have been wanting FOR-EVER! A price gun. I know right? How fun is this??? Not only does it stamp a price on the little stickers, but... it also could stamp a little saying or a design. It only cost me $5.00! It came with everything included in the original box. Oh my gosh, everything is going to get a little sticker stuck to it!
 I bought 14 rolls of duct tape for only $5 bucks... you just never know when your going to need some right?
 Some jewelry I bought a long time ago, but forgot to share... a strand of what I think is Rhodonite Kunzite. I paid $1.00 for those. I am going to use these to do some wire wrapping and possibly creating some rings with as well. The handmade sterling silver blue stoned necklace was only $2.00. There is one small stone/gem missing.
 I knew at first glance that this piece was sterling silver... and handmade. I am going to hit it with a little heat and take it apart and create individual pieces with it. I have no idea what the blue stones are, but once I take the piece to my lapidary class, I'll find out fast. I am hopeful that the faceted blue stones are gems and not just cut glass-- fingers crossed!
The best thing I bought recently, -in my opinion- was these large wooden angel wings. I lurve them! I talked the price down and only had to pay $20.00. I wanted to hang them above my fireplace but they weigh a TON, so I opted to use drywall anchors and just hang them on my wall.

It is so much fun hunting for treasure!
big hugs,
Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds! Love the wings. Great bargains.

    Ramona
    Broken Bit Mosaics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it just amazes me the things you find and the great prices you get for them, the quilts are just gorgeous and what a deal! Some fun duct tape patterns :) Those blue stones are really pretty! My hubby loves wings, he would just love these, great antique look to them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl