Pages


3/20/11

Watch Charms

I made these charms using watch cases that I salvaged from some old watches that I bought at a yard sale....This past weekend wasn't as full of yard sale treasures as it normally would have been... it was a rainy weekend, therefore there wasn't a lot of yard sales to be found. *bummer* I did manage to find some jewelry though, all of this pictured below for $4. I'm only keeping the items in the container at the top right.... the watches in the photo are the very same ones I repurposed into charms. The aluminum tray with the ornate handles was only 25¢ After sorting the jewelry that I purchased, I immediately took the watches apart... anything to get out of painting my new to me- vintage bedroom set, and set about playing! Here are two more charms made out of the watch cases. This little oval shaped watch charm is my favorite.... The fairy images are itsy-bitsy! I used a high powered magnifying glass to be able to see where to cut. You would think I use tiny scissors when I cut things this small, but actually I use large scissors :-) I also picked up seven of these containers full of rhinestones, silver & gold embellishments, charms, jewelry parts and pearls. I got all seven containers for only $5. The containers alone are around $3 each at the craft stores. Well, after looking at these photos, I would have to say I did better than I thought thrifting this past weekend. I am wanting/NEEDING to have a yard sale myself... I've got an ever growing pile that I am adding to daily. Its either --have a yard sale or sign up to do an episode of Hoarders.... *sigh*
big hugs,

11 comments:

  1. I love them....but what do you back them with? Great idea....and I think I have some watches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so absolutely gorgeous!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and pretty! You do original work! You will be very successful on Etsy. Lana www.lifeatwildberrycottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These watch face charms are so fabulous! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea. I love what you end up doing with all the old jewelry you find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me now!!!! These are so CUTE! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous charms, so tiny and yet so detailed! Really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I buy these darling fairy watch charms?? Thanks, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I buy one of these sweet fairy watch charms?
    Thanks! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw your blog. I love your blog site, great name too. I know you posted this a long time ago but I am still so impressed with all you got on that rainy day. Way to go and keep up the great work. I am in LOVE w/ those charms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Cheryl, i have just discovered your blog what an amazing site, only last week i was looking at all my old watches but did not want to throw them because my daughter bought me most of them over the years. Thanks to you i don't have to
    now i can make charms not just for me but my daughter too.
    Thanks for sharing your AMAZING talents.
    Kind Regards;
    Philomena, County Galway xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl