Pages


7/9/09

Fenced in....

Well my fence project is completed. It has taken us 5 and a half days working 10 to 12 hours a day to complete this long section of mortered in cinder block (3 high) and then another 5' of redwood fencing on top of that. I was the foreperson and my hubs was the hired help. Good thing he worked cheaply or I would have fired him.... seriously~ Here is the fence all finished. (We reused the existing gate)It isn't hard at all to morter in cinder block. You just do it with the mindset that you can do it and it turns out :-) I think I would have completed it sooner than the 5 & 1/2 days had it not been for most of my neighbors stopping by for a little chat about my fence while I was building it-- I had two men ask me how to do it and if I'd give them pointers on how to morter in cinder block when they were ready to do it in their own yards. I told them my first bit of advice is..."Hire someone to do it for you" lol....my second bit of advice was noooooo"You can't afford ME" lol

My next huge "yard project" is to dig up that side of the yard and make it level. Then of coure hall every single piece of plastic little tikes yard toy we have in the back yard into this new side yard :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a big job! It does look very "professionally" done! You should all be proud! As usual, one project leads to another...doesn't it?!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...fabulous job to the forman and the hired help!! Now take a rest before the next biggie and have a great weekend!!
    Hugs, Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks better than professional! Gorgeous work! =) Hope you enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get the plans for this or did you just plan it yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl