Pages


1/22/10

Baby its cold outside...

down right freezing if you ask me~ We have been hit with a week long storm here in sunny California, and next week isn't looking any better. I am greatful for the rain as we are in need of filling up our water reserves... but it just makes for a gloomy outlook on everything when you've got so much darkness and cold rainy weather all around you with no end in sight.
Anywho... on the upside, I've been crocheting, painting, sewing and goofing around-- starting all kinds of projects and not finishing a blessed thing. Okokok, I did finish this skull cap for my grandaughter. Here is Miss Chloe Rose modeling the hat I made for her~ The hat took only an hour to finish and the flowers were a few minutes each and I then just stitched them by hand onto the hat. Easy-peasy! I found a free pattern online at "You can make This" Under the shop by category section there is a FREE section where you will find this pattern and the flower pattern that is on the hat as well. The flowers are so darn easy and fast to make, if nothing else go for that pattern as I'm sure you'd find a use for making them. You have to make an account with a password to get the patterns, no biggy, well worth the few seconds that takes. I am pleased as punch with the hat & flowers! Ohhhhhhhhhh for the flower centers I made a chain of 4 stitches and just slip stitched that to the beginning stitch and tied it off, scrunched it into a ball shape and attached it to the center of the flower, thats it!

3 comments:

  1. OMG...I love the hat! Two cute...I so wish I could make one...couldn't follow a crochet pattern if I had to...lol...stop over and see Jalina Rose in her hat too! Love the babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter is so sweet and the hat is perfect for her. I love the flowers on it! I hope the sun shines for you soon!
    have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is darling, not to mention the beauty wearing it! So cute!
    Jane - Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl