Pages


2/12/13

Home Made Key Chains

Valentines day is fast approaching, and I was wanting to make something fun for my two grand kids to pass out along with the bags of Valentines candy and cards they have for their friends. I figured I could make some key chains using some of my large stash of laminate samples...

My grandaughters preschool class is called "Delightful Ducks".... I found this sweet vintage image of a cute little duck to use for the key chains for her classmates. 

For my grand sons kindergarten class, I used his schools name along with the schools mascot...

Once they were glued, cut out, glittered I added a small piece of ball chain so that these could be attached to the children's backpacks. 
In total, I made 50 key chains. Well, 51 if you count this Hello Kitty one shown below. I used a Hello Kitty lenticular image off of a notepad from Targets dollar section to make an extra special key chain for my grand daughter. She loves hello kitty!
Now, if you don't have any of these laminate samples like I do...
You can readily get them for free at any hardware store that sells laminate counter tops. They have a huge area with loads of beautiful samples.... take a few... have your husband take a few... you get the idea *wink*
big hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I bet your Grands love what you do for their friends/classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the pictures on them you clever girl? What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. I like all of your fun designs. Thanks for sharing. Have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! You are so clever and creative! Your grandchildren will be hits at their school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darned cute! What a great Grammy you are :)

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Spain, great idea. I like Hello kitty. Very cute. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl