Pages


1/28/14

Pirate Bar

I am so happy! I finished my pirate bar! Here it is in all its piratey glory...
The two wooden barrels that I bought this past summer for $10.00 each were the inspiration for this bar.
 I knew exactly how it was all going to come together the moment I brought them home...
 
I chose to make a cement bar top rather than a coin covered bar top. I was worried how the resin would hold up to the elements and the hot sun beating down on it. Once the cement had cured, I painted the cement so it looks really old. To finish it off, I tucked in some sphagnum moss between the rope border and the cement bar top.
 Now comes the fun part of staging the area. I added a wooden spigot to the rum barrel.....
 The cork net floats that I bought months ago, I strung on some rope and hung it from the gazebo over the pirate bar area.

The black netting was a .50¢ steal this past weekend.
 There is a lot more staging to be done in this area, but now that the bar is completed it is just a matter of having fun!
big hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Great job!!! I'd love to sip some rum at your bar... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks great - you did good! Something like that outdoors here would not last long due to weather conditions and squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is magnificent! What a great job you did.. I love it!
    I will make such a wonderful outdoor retreat.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl -- this is just fabulous! It looks so authentic and such fun! Oh, I see a party coming on in your future -- a whole bunch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bar! Your whole Pirate yard is awesome! Have a great week!
    Linda PS- I will have a rum and coke to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of you Cheryl! Thank you so much for your more than kind comment on Oliver.. I am so happy you enjoyed.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is so crazy, wonderful, over the top, I love it!! I bet there is some great pirate parties in your future!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely amazing. What fun parties you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the coolest back yard bar I have ever seen! I popped in from GYB and I see this bar - I am hooked! Can't wait to see what you do next! LOVE your blog name too :)

    BTW I'll have a shot of rum please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl