Pages


2/21/14

Vintage Earring Holder

I picked up this darling vintage wooden frame last summer for only 50¢....  I finally got around to re-purposing it.

Here is the after photo of the frame I turned into an earring holder...
 
To create this earring holder, I pulled off the paper backing, pulled out the nails that held the cardboard picture in the frame. Next, I used scissors to cut some rain gutter screen using the cardboard picture as my pattern piece.
I cut long thin strips of chip board to fit inside the ledge of the back of the frame to cover the glued screen. Doing this also gives the backside a nice finished look.
 
Once all that was done, I painted the entire piece with one coat of pink paint. Once the paint was dry, I sanded the edges and a few random areas around the frame. Next, I added some stain to further distress the piece. Lastly, I added a water decal to the top of the backside...

You can see where I sanded some of the color from the original frame showing through...

I really like how it turned out~

This will be going with me to my booth at next months Artist's Market.
I've linked up to Beverly's Pink Saturday.
big hugs,
 

12 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous.....its good to makeover things and reuse...love it. HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea. I would have never thought of doing that. I have given away so many frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    What a great idea and I love the pink! Thanks for sharing how you did it too.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever and so pretty in pink! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice piece! Nice and pink! (Pretty) Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea, I have so many earrings and they hang on a wire across the inside of the wardrobe, every time I open the door one pings off, this would be perfect.
    very clever.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this earring display Cheryl! I've tried to make similar displays in the past and had trouble finding the right kind of screen - the type I had used before had holes that were really too small and made it hard to hang the earrings from. The rain gutter screen looks perfect! Thanks for sharing.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice...pretty and useful you can't go wrong ! Happy P.S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Cheryl. It is such a great idea, and it looks pretty, too.

    Happy Pink Saturday.♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got my vote for a beautiful creation. Love the design and detail you put into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl