Pages


6/3/15

Weekend Treasures

Here are my latest treasures from several weekends past...
 I bought a large box with tons and tons of pirate loot. It was all mixed together so I sorted through it so I could use it in various places around my yard.... aargh...
 This was the best score of the day. Two hundred and fifty gift bags for only... wait for it..... dying to know aren't you? Ok, ok, ok... I got 250 gift bags for only $3.00. Yep. The man I bought it from said the box of new gift bags cost him over $100 dollars, and he sold it to me for only $3.00. ScOrE. I also bought 500 sheets of pink tissue paper-- still sealed in the package for $1.00!
 My friend Juan whom I always try to buy something from... sold me a HUGE box of fabric for $8.00. My girl friends have huge stashes of fabric... me, not so much. Now I do! *woot-woot* I have been saving some pins on Pinterest of some really cute small zippered pouches that I'd like to make. No excuses now!
Here are some smaller pieces of fabric that were in the box ranging in price from $2 to $5. Yikes. This is why I don't have stacks and stacks of fabric laying around! Fabric is so expensive! In amongst the fabric was a quilt top too. Lucky me~
 I also scored on the folding up rolling cart that is holding all of my new fabric stash... that was $5 well spent.
 
I found a large bundle of zippers... $1.00 for 300 of them.

 I also got a few dollar items for my backyard... boxes and some do-dads that quickly filled my cart.
 This heavy wooden box was only $5. I am going to make a cushion for it and make it into a small seat.
With the summer heat fast approaching I've got big plans to sit inside and do a lot of sewing. New fabric, plenty of zippers.... and a lot of pins on Pinterest. That is the plan anyway... unless I go all magpie on something and lose my train of thought. *wink*
big hugs,

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what all you make with your recently acquired goodies!

    People the pics she posts are great but seeing things in person is AWESOME! This lady has the life I tell ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    Love your scores! You manage to find the best deals!
    Happy summer!! Hope to see what you create with all of your new
    goodies!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable! What a stash you found! And so perfect with the pirate patio/garden/bistro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have found so many great deals. I too have a few pouches I want to try on Pinterest, looks like you are off to a great start on your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a haul! Feeling serious fabric envy :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. treasures galore! I know you'll do something fun with them all.. but what are you going to do with 300 zippers? lol!
    Have a great day my friend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl