Pages


9/22/16

Small Steampunk Hats

I've committed myself to do a holiday craft sale in the month of November so I thought I'd get busy making some fun things to sell.
I used some felt top hats that my friend gave me as the base for these little steampunk hats.
I fiddled with some thin chipboard to make a hat band for each hat which I then covered with some metal tape embossed with gear shapes. On the bottom of each hat I covered the hole with some more chipboard covered with black felt and then added a hair clip.
 For the feathers on each hat I pulled out my stash of peacock feathers...
 I gave each one a little hair cut. The feathers are true works of art aren't they?
They came together pretty fast once all the components were found and piled up.
 I used old earrings to add some bling to the sides of each top hat.
 I think these would be fun to wear to ring in the new year...
 I'll give one to my grandaughter for one of her dolls--- I should make a steampunk outfit to go with it! Scratch off one thing completed on my to do list...add another thing I want to make... 
big hugs,
Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. They are lovely and just that little bit different.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking as I read the post "What a cute idea for New Year's Eve" then you said it!! I am retired now, but when I worked (in an office) I loved to wear ANYTHING for whatever season or holiday was near. I had pastel Christmas lights along and around my office walls at ceiling level that I would just put on randomly. I loved to weave a string of battery operated lights through my hair during the holidays. I definitely would have worn one of these hats. Bet these will sell well! I wish you and I lived near. I think together we would have a great time!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun, Cheryl! I know what you mean about a November sale -- it's closer than you think. Mine is Nov. 3-5 and boy, do I have a lot of work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Steampunk style! I've been having fun doing Steampunk Halloween projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so cool, the bands are great and the feathers are a great touch, good luck at the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The feathers are a lovely addition. Hope the sale goes well.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl