Pages


6/1/09

Mmm mmm Monday~

Here is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I got online off of a random blog. The recipe sounded gooooooooooood.... but it was awful! I'm sharing it anyway! I think it would have been better had I NOT melted the butter like the recipe called for. I always have had bad results with melted butter in cookie recipes...so anyone reading this DO NOT MELT YOUR BUTTER! The cookies were crispy and thin and stuck to the cookie sheet and the parchment paper....cruel-cruel- joke. Hey, this would be a wonderful recipe to give to someone you didn't like! *woot-woot* Chocolate chip cookies
1 cup butter, melted (don't melt the butter!!)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding mix (the small 4 serving box)
1 tbsp milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups milk chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets and set aside (or parchment paper). They stuck to both--- so your choice! In a large bowl, mix together butter, and brown and white sugars. Stir in dry pudding mix and milk. Stir in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda, stir this into your butter mixture. Drop by tiny-tiny balls onto your prepared pans. These suckers spread like you wouldn't believe! (again, the result of that melted butter) Bake in the center of your oven until golden brown around the edges about 12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then pry those suckers off of the cookie sheet transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely. (yes, these cookies are so bad/ugly they are banished to a paper plate!)Now, I had to eat a lot of these to make sure that I didn't like them...and yes, after eating quite a few... I don't like them. They would be wonderful broken up and tossed on some ice cream-- if you like that kinda thing. In keeping with my "More is better" montra, I had doubled the recipe *gasp*...so the second batch I added 2 cups of oatmeal to the mix. (trying to make a purse out of a pigs ear) At least this batch came off of the cookie sheet a little easier and the cookies didn't bend in two in your hand when you picked them up.... ugh...If ever (and I would never) make these again, I wouldn't melt the butter. Bad-bad butter.... 'nough said. Now, if anyone tries this recipe and they come out perfectly fine...do not tell me, I would have a melt down. A b-u-t-t-e-r melt down~ *note.... only the small metal basket has real fruit in it :-) the rest is faux~ I'm more of a cookie girl than a fruit girl! lol I am not even going to mention the "token" lettuce I have in the fridge~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl