Pages


1/27/11

Cupid, draw back your bow....

and let your arrow gooooooooooooo~
I finished all of my tags for the "tag for tag" swap. I think all together I made 24... I used one of my favorite images, my husbands great-great-great grandfather William. Isn't he a little cherub? The photographer had him sitting bare naked....I guess he thought he looked like a little naked cupid too.Here is a close up of one of the finished tags. He is popped off of the tag a little bit-- holding onto his bow and a quiver full of arrows strapped to his back with a glittered belt. His fluffy white wings just as fluffy as can be for a day of sweet-flight. Of course, lets not forget his "hunting" hat with a bejeweled plume~ I also signed up for a Valentine garland swap. I was needing to make 12 tags for that swap, so I went ahead and used the very same supplies and just continued on making more tags. These ones are heavier in weight, I used foam core as a foundation to build upon. For these tags I used a red & silver tinsel garland around the edges of each heart. I also added a strand of shiny red beads along the hearts edge as well. I had about 1/2 an inch of tinsel garland left over, I am going to hoard buy more of this next time I see if for sale.These were a lot of fun to make, I hope everyone who receives one likes them :-) I'll be mailing them out sometime next week.

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!!! You did an amazing job, and the image is just too sweet.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. these are so sweet, the image is perfect. I always wondered what our dead relatives would have thought having there bare bums out there for all to see even as baby's my Grandfather would have been mortified. It's funny how life changes, me I'd be proud to have my cute baby hiny out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are absolutely stunning! You did such an amazing job!!! Everyone will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, these are so beautiful! I'm sure your swap friends will love them. I have been wanting to get some tinsel, can you tell me where you get it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, thanks for stopping by so glad to find you today, darling Valentines... I will have to join in on one of your swaps, love it! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous,Lucky ones who get to have them.Maybe next time I'll join in.Who's your host? Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Valentines are great I love them and sorry I missed the swap, they are amazing! Lucky gals, Happy Valentines day early! Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Valentine tags are so stunning and creative! I love valentines day and February ...the LOVE Month! I am here for OWOH event and just had to leave a comment on your tags as well.
    .....luv them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got mine in the mail and adore it@ Just want to tell everyone that they are absolutely cute as can be in person!A real keepsake.

    Don't miss out on her next swap, they are so fun

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these tags, and that you call yourself the 'H' word LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl I am just so honored to have been blessed with your sweet cupid card.

    I have placed him on my buffet and he makes me smile every time I walk past.

    I also adore the monster truck valentines. :)

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl