Pages


7/14/13

Lagoon W.I.P.

I have been busy working in my backyard lagoon even though its been miserably hot out there... the results are worth it though. I have an idea of what it is going to look like when its finished, but for the most part I am just going with the flow and making it up as I go along. I did set up my rock fountain, and I must say I love it. It does take a little getting used to hearing water gushing in my yard. My first thought every time I step foot in the backyard is that my pool filter is leaking...
 I also tore out an arch I had over another fountain in my yard. It was a lot to maintain cutting the plants I had growing over it. Here is the before. You can barely make it out with all the little pirates in front of it.... 

Here you can see I've already added some pirate things, more to come! ...My cat Chumley added himself to the decor.
 He adds just the right amount of cuteness in the pirate vignette.
 I just brought home some 16" retaining stones that I want to incorporate into some steps down into the lagoon..... its going to look marvelous (I hope) when I'm all finished.
big hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: impressive your backyard pond. I see that your cat is very comfortable. Great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project. And you will surely enjoy it for years to come! Can't wait to see it completely finished!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl