Pages


12/21/13

Photo Restoration

My uncle gave me a copy of an old-old family photo that I think is simply darling. He had given me this photo in the hopes of me being able to shed some light on the small little cherub in the middle... The photo is of my dad and his two brothers when they were little. Toy guns drawn, cowboy hats in place... what a cute photo. I have been trying repeatedly to bring out the detail in the photo with absolutely no success. It is pretty hard going when you don't know what your doing! Until now. It just all seemed to come together in one fell swoop! Below you can see the darkness of the original now watermarked photo.
Here is the after with the photo restoration that I did. *watermarked photo* I have this one in a sepia tone but it easily converts to black and white....
 Which is what I did to create this 5 x7 photo canvas....
I am really pleased with the results and so glad to finally see the little smiling face of the tiniest boy in the photo.
big hugs,
 

5 comments:

  1. I love it, I have several pictures of my dad and his brothers from 80 years ago and would love to do this process. Thanks for sharing. Di@Cottage-wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: great work of restoration. Merry Christmas. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I have some old photos I need to work on also - just another one of those "to do" things.
    Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo and the canvas is fantastic. Three cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable photo! I'm so glad you were able to lighten it and bring out that little cutie's face. He's darling! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl