Pages


12/27/13

Waiting for inspiration...

While waiting for inspiration to kick in to jump start some project or another, I've been keeping busy finishing up a few small projects in my backyard. I added a ships mast to my garden. This project came about because of a resin pot that I bought for $2.00...When I first spotted the plant pot, I immediately thought it looked like it would make a perfect crows nest on a ships mast--- so that is what I did with it. I added a small skeleton to over see the comings and goings of the garden *wink*

I have also been working on the hutch that I picked up a few months ago. This is going to be behind the pirate bar. I am in the process of adding rolled bamboo to the inside of the hutch. The chicken wire attached easily with my electric staple gun... I am going to fill the hutch with a lot of bottles and various pirate treasures...

 When it started getting to cold to work outside, I came inside and worked on a sign for the Tiki store.... The tiki store is going to be called "Boutiki"... I think I am going to add some sisal rope around the edge of this sign, to me it just seems to be unfinished. 

Here is my cat Pee Wee taking a little cat nap atop a piratey box... this is his perch when he wants to come inside....
Well... I guess its good I'm not hot-to-trot to work on anything in particular because I'm getting a lot done!
big hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Cheryl,

    I'm really enjoying your pirate themed backyard. I love the chicken wire cabinets... what a great idea! :-)

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening Cheryl,
    It feels so good to finish up projects, yes? I think your sign looks wonderful.. I myself, think it looks finished.. I don't know if I would add anything..

    Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a kind comment.
    Wishing you a beautiful New Year.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl! This backyard project of yours looks like something that I'd see on an HGTV special! I'm just amazed by your wonderful imagination and the way you put things together. I love your crow's nest and the fellow keeping an eye on things is so perfect! Wishing you the very best in the coming year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boutiki? You are brilliant! Looks such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Grands must love to visit and play at your house. Your area must get very little rain, as a theme area like that would not hold up here with the amount of rain, wind and many times things freezing, we have here.
    Hope you have enjoyed the holidays. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Chaste hugs & air kisses!
~Cheryl